The St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF)
About the Forum
THE EMERGING ECONOMIC POWERS’ GROWTH & STABILITY NETWORK
SPIEF gathers the leading decision-makers of the emerging economic powers to identify and deliberate the key challenges facing Russia, emerging markets, and the world at large, while engaging communities to find common purpose and establish frameworks to forge solutions which will drive the growth and stability agenda.
The St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) was founded in 1997 and since 2006, it has been held under the auspices of the President of the Russian Federation.
Over the past decade, the Forum has developed into a leading global business network, attracting over 7,500 international and Russian participants, including government and business leaders from the emerging economic powers as well as leading global voices from academia, the media, and civil society.
The Forum’s business programme 2014 was held under the theme
“SUSTAINING CONFIDENCE IN A WORLD UNDERGOING TRANSFORMATION”.
More than 500 speakers took part in 82 interactive sessions.
Last year, key themes focused on how to restore business confidence in the global economy, and what governments and business should do to mitigate risks and promote sustainable development.
- Total Number of Events Held 82
- Total Number of Participants 7,590
- Total Number of Journalists 1,439
- Official Delegations from 73 countries
- Total Number of Contracts Signed 175
- Total Value of Agreements Signed at SPIEF 2014 RUB 401,400,000,000
You can see SPIEF in numbers here.
Unique Opportunities at SPIEF
- Network: meet peers, partners, constituents, thinkers, and leaders from all walks of life; forge new relationships. The Forum features a wide range of networking areas and dedicated meeting space – cafés, lounges, bilateral meeting rooms, etc.
- Engage policymakers: meet government representatives from emerging economic powers, including BRICS, G20, and the CIS.
- Bond: forge communities to help achieve business and policy objectives; engage with stakeholders.
- Set the agenda: identify, deliberate, and promote key issues and trends impacting Russia, growth economies, and the world.
- Learn: through innovative insight; gain and demonstrate corporate capabilities and set new trends.
- Reach out: through leading interactive platforms, learn about cutting-edge technologies and engage in multimedia collaboration.
- Enrich: sample the delights of Russia’s cultural capital during the White Nights.